Sunday, June 12, 2016

Here are some words I learned

In this photo: education?!


Let us consider what place intersectional identity has in terms of making a larger statement in analyzing our own position of white cisgender privilege in a racially divisive society that also happens to be white-enabling. One second I have to put on a jazz record and pour some whisky before I continue talking about the real world problems. Okay I am back now. I am back to make a critical judgement and analysis of our own perpetuation of oppressive systems that attempt to marginalize those who don't happen to fit into the already pre-defined social structures that keep us all stuck in a box. A box that doesn't include queerness by the way. On that note let me get my huge fucking cigar out so I can puff puff while I think think.


Wait I need to stop for a second and just say something outright. The world is fucking horrible and horrible things are happening daily and I don't know how to deal with and these words are protecting me from feeling anything real and I need them I need these words. What I'm trying to say is racism sucks. Homophobia and transphobia suck. That's what I'm trying to say. I am afraid we are all afraid. Violence permeates so much of our daily existence. What is happening?! That's what I'm trying to say.


Anyway as we consider what place intersectional identity has in terms of making a larger statement in analyzing our own position of white cisgender privilege let us not forget what that means for trans-identity and let us also not forget to buy more Miles Davis on vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment